Saturday, June 20, 2009

The prior pic was of my kids watching Jack sign a card for my parent's anniversary! His signature looks like a bunch of squiggly lines but if you're careful, you can see the letters (or if you're me, who is impressed with whatever he does!). I still have another surprise for them, but of course, it isn't ready yet. Someday, I will get lots of things done, and my house will be picked up, and I will be very sad, because that will be the day my kids are all grown up and gone.

We spent last week at the Lake of the Ozarks, in a vacation house owned by my in-laws. They very graciously loan out the house to almost anyone who asks - we're waaaaay spoiled like that! They're on the lake, but in a cove off a cove, so swimming is great (no big waves) and the water is pretty shallow where we were. They have a nice Sea Ray though, so we went on plenty of boat rides. I have lots of pics to share but haven't gotten them off the camera yet so there will be another post with them.

This week, we had a cardiology check-up and an ENT check-up. Both went really well! Still no holes in Jack's ticker (Daddy's joke) and both tubes still in his ears. I was trying to remember the last time we saw a Dr. for Jack being ill and I think it was spring of last year! He's had shots but no sick visits! How cool is that?! So our little man is in good shape. Have to get some routine blood work done (thyroid) and a dental and eye check-up, but he's pretty darn healthy (yes, I'm knocking on the desk even though I'm not supersticious!).

My last thoughts are about my first baby - Andrew. He turned 16 this week! How the heck did that happen? I remember like it was yesterday when I went to the hospital to have him. I was scared to death and thought it would be completely awful but I've been so lucky having my kids. They've all come really easy and quick too. But back to Andrew. After he was born, and cleaned up, and we were tucked away in a room to get some rest (HA!), he was wrapped up like a burrito and I was gazing at his adorable little face, and he looked right at me with big wide-open blue eyes and that was it. I was absolutely, totally, completely in love. I remember having to remind myself to breathe. He and I are a lot alike and I think, when he's an adult, I will really like him as a friend. I need to get some of my pre-digital camera photos scanned so I can share how cute he was as a baby. Dad and I love you Andrew, and we're so proud of the young man you are becoming!

No comments: