Saturday, December 19, 2009

Catch up post

(This is mainly for me - to keep track of what we've been up to, and what still needs to be done before Christmas.)

We had 3 beautiful orchestra recitals. Andrew wasn't very impressed with his; he said they could've done better. But it sounded lovely to those of us in the audience. Tyler's was incredible. The amount of students in orchestra this year is truly astounding. The recital was in the gym and it was absolutely packed! Very different from when it was held in the library! M's was way bigger than ever too. She is really enjoying orchestra lately. I didn't get any pics of any of it. I was just thankful to get everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there.

Jack was the only kid who had a Christmas party this year (or whatever they're calling it - I refuse to remember and keep calling it a Christmas party). I didn't get to go because I signed up to go on M's orchestra field trip to play at the mall. RK and I bought some snacks (juice, fruit snacks, and festive goldfish crackers) and I sent in tissue paper and Christmas baskets so they could play "throw the snowballs in the basket" game. I heard it went well. He still has 2 days of school so teacher gifts will get sent in this week.

Still have to finish that, finish Christmas cards (and buy stamps), one more gift to take care of for the grandmas and grandpas, wrap presents, purchase food for Christmas eve, day, and the day after, and call AT&T to straighten out a mess I made when I tried to extend our contract and upgrade our phones online. It seemed like a good idea. Oh and pay some bills. Thank goodness for online bill pay!

We're working on the Camaro so Andrew can drive it. Needs a heater core. Wants a new storeo and paint job. But it runs good, and will get him from place to place until it's pretty again. Then it'll get him from place to place in style! And before Christmas comes, my kitchen will have a new look! It has to do with last years' Christmas gift from Al's parents. It's gonna be gorgeous but I'll wait to tell what is happening 'til it's done!

Time to clean off the desk and get crackin. Maybe I can make some progress.

1 comment:

Monica Crumley said...

Busy, busy time of year. So much to do, so little time. I hope things slow down a bit for you so you can enjoy your sweet family. Merry Christmas.