Friday, November 11, 2011

Andrew & I had an Adventure……

Brag alert –> (I don’t think I do this often, but this story, I think, needed a little background.)  Andrew has always been an advanced reader.  By the time he was in the 4th grade he was reading at a 12th grade level and we started to have problems finding stuff for him to read that was reading level AND age appropriate.  I started finding some series books that worked great.  A few years later, we (I always read what the kids are reading) found a series called "Ranger's Apprentice" by John Flanagan.  We LOVE it!  I’m very thankful that Andrew and Madelyn both share my love of reading.  It’s a great way to connect with my kids, spawning many informative conversations.  After many years and 10 books, we found out the awesome Mr. Flanagan was going to speak at a library near us!!!!

We were so excited!  We had never been to a real author’s book signing before.  He spoke for about an hour and I swear Andrew and I both could have listened to him for a couple more :).  Afterwards we stood in line to get some books autographed and actually get to say hello and thank you.  What a nice man!  Of course I forgot my camera but Andrew’s phone take decent pics so we used that!

Photo0319 

It was one of the best evenings of my life, and one I hope Andrew thinks of that way too.

No comments: