Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

As usual, my Mother's Day mostly sucked. But this year (finally! Only took me 20 years) I was expecting it so there wasn't much disappointment. The only time I got to play the Mother's Day card was when Jack announced he pooped in his pants and I was like "Mother's Day! I don't have to clean him up!". But as it turned out there was no poop so I kinda feel like I wasted it. I did get a Spongebob card that the kids' signed and it was cute! Allan made breakfast (like usual for a Sunday) and added hash brown casserole which was delicious. Andrew and Madelyn both made a point to wish me Happy Mother's Day which was nice. I know they love me. All of them.  I just think of all the times I try to make special days special for them - birthdays, holidays, special occasions. I say it would be nice to get a gift that I didn't pick out or a dessert I didn't make. But no. Never happens.

And I don't even have my own Mom to celebrate or commiserate with.

No bitterness here. Nope, none at all.

No comments: