Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random stuff....

Jack is finally over his cold, or virus. He's back to being silly, and noisy! I just realized this evening how his noisiness affects the whole house. We have to turn the TV up really loud. The older kids have trouble concentrating on their homework. It's difficult to have conversations sometimes. I'm hoping this is a stage that will get better when he's able to articulate words. If not, hmmm, I'll have to come up with plan b (how to make Jack less noisy!). I was trying to clean up a bit this afternoon, and I finally decided to put away the nebulizer. We only had to use it a few times this virus, but he let me know how much he did NOT like it. So what did he do while I was trying to put it away?

Suuuuuure, now he likes it! Crazy kid!

In other news, I got a new kitchen faucet!!! We bought it awhile back, but like most things, it took quite some time to get it installed. The old one was lower to the sink and the sprayer that was separate never did work. I rinsed pans for almost 18 years with that stupid thing just dripping instead of spraying! The new one has a pull-out sprayer and I LOVE IT!! Here's M giving a demo:


The overall house clean-out is going well. M is seriously kicking butt on her room! I'm really proud of her. She'll be 14 in Mar and we're hoping to re-do her room for her birthday. She's off to an excellent start on that.

Jack's toys are next. Time to sort and purge all the baby stuff, and get them organized in his room. I finally got most of them out of the living room but they keep sneaking back in. Hopefully that will be done soon.

My next big sort will be in the basement. I need one of those TV programs to come do it all at once but I don't think my mess is quite big enough and they scare me with all the stuff they make you get rid of! I like my stuff! But, lots of it needs to go and I'd like to make it look nice down there. The kids spend lots of time down there as it is, but I'd like to make it better for mom & dad too.

More progress updates later!

3 comments:

Monica Crumley said...

Jack is sooo cute. Silly guy. Wouldn't it be great to have HGTV come in and do a makeover? Nothing too fancy, just nice... and cool.

TUC said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for visiting. You may post any links you want. Your little guy is adorable.

TUC said...

Ok, me again. I don't know if you want me to approve your private comment so that it posts, or not... but I do want you to know you have made my day. I do think about that child A LOT. I will pray for your situation.