Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's the end of the school year

Every school year end, I wrestle with 2 feelings - complete relief that we're done! and stress that now it's another year later. (I don't enjoy the stress and craziness of the schoolyear - get up early, run like crazy all week, yell all the time about get up, do homework, take a shower, go to bed....HATE IT.) But this year, I'm looking at the fact that this is the last summer that Andrew will be a high school student. Next year, he'll be a senoir, and our summer may look completely different. I'll be bawling constantly, for one. Who told these children they could grow up? And move away from me?

I took pictures of the last day of school that I will post after I find my camera. I even have pics of Jack on his last day and wait 'til you see what Jack's class did the day before his last day! Where is that camera????

3 comments:

RK said...

I don't have the camera. Not this time. :o)

Monica Crumley said...

Summer vacation is always a mixed emotion for me, too. I want them at school so I have some peace during the day, but I want them home cuz I truly like my kids and doing fun, spontaneous things with them. I'm with you on not missing telling them to get up, make lunch, do homework, shower, go to bed, etc. It's definitely more laid back in the summer. But, I'll have a newborn very soon, and the stress of having everyone home might drive me crazy, too. I'm glad we're not ready to ship my oldest (going into 8th grade) out of the home any time soon. I think that'll be difficult for me, too, when the time comes...

Julie said...

Monica, I can't believe it's almost time for baby! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to meet your new little guy! Good luck!