Sunday, July 20, 2008

Floating!!

We sure had a great week-end! We went on a float trip. If you aren't familiar with it, that's when you get a canoe, or a kayak, or a big blow-up raft and float (with paddling) down a river. Usually, the water is not deep, and flows pretty gently, and there are lots of places to stop and swim along the way. Our trip was 6 miles, and we took about 5 1/2 hrs. to do it. We camped with Allan's 3 sisters and their families so there was 21 people floating together! This was Jack's first trip and he had a great time! He sat on my lap pretty much all of the float time and then splashed in the water when we stopped. (Pictures to follow later.) Jack had lots of firsts this trip - first float trip, first school bus ride (up to the drop-off point), and first time in a canoe. Wanna hear something funny? We were on the JACK'S Fork River!

We had his IFSP review last week and Daddy was able to come home for it! That's the first time he got to meet our "team" - PT, ST, and Service Coordinator (OT didn't make it). So he got to hear Jack's progress from the last meeting, what we're working on, and how we're working on it (I try but sometimes Daddy doesn't listen when I'm explaining what we're doing). According to Jack's PT, Lori, he's doing great. He's taking lots of steps independently and we're sure he'll be walking everywhere soon! We don't have as much progress in the Speech area but we go to the ENT at the end of the month and I'm pretty sure we'll be scheduling ear tubes. He may not be hearing super clearly because of some fluid that won't go away. His speech may improve after tubes.

What else is on my mind? I love our camper. It's our little home away from home. It's felt like home every time I've walked inside. I'll post a pic of it too. Our time on the river sure was fun but I REALLY hope that smell comes out of our swimsuits! They were run through the washer twice so far. M got her haircut. How in the world did I end up with such a gorgeous daughter? I think we could let Jackson at her with clippers and she'd still be cute! (Not that the haircut isn't cute - it is.) I hate when the kids go back to school but I love school supplies! It's that time of year again - everyone has them on sale!

Enough rambling? Yep.

No comments: