Sunday, September 27, 2009

Holy Cow He Did it Again!

Bit his tongue hard enough to make it bleed and leave a mark! This time it wasn't near as bad but I couldn't believe it! The older kids did NOT prepare me for this! Jack was getting a bath and I kept telling him to sit (doesn't everyone have to do this?) because he kept standing up. Sure enough he fell right into the side of the tub and cried and cried. He put his little hand up to his face and when he took it away there was blood. I thought to myself "no way" but yep, I saw the mark on his tongue later on when he was being silly. What the heck?! I guess it could be broken bones so I am grateful it's not worse. But sheesh.

In other news.........

My mom was here for a visit. She stayed 4 1/2 days and 4 nights. I think I have gained 10 pounds. Again, SHEESH.

4 comments:

heidi marie said...

omg! poor jack, what a daredevil. one of these days he's going to bite his tongue right off. i'm glad it wasn't as bad as last time. i can't imagine how bad that would hurt. just biting your tongue a little bit hurts like heck.

and i know what you mean about mom's cooking. everytime i come back to stl i gain at least 10 pounds!

Ria said...

Oh no!! Not again! **Hugs** for Jack.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Better his tongue than his head. My youngest (no Down's but actually far more seriously disabled mentally and physically than Downs' kids) was out swinging one day when his sister came running in, "Mom! Mom! Doah has blood all over his face." I ran out and sure enough, Doah was swinging away, happy as a lark, with blood splashing down his face that he was just flicking away with his hand. It turns out that he had fallen, torn open his scalp, and needed a dozen stitches! Not one word of complaint -- either when he fell or when he got the stitches. Sheesh, indeed!

Julie said...

Thanks friends! He's doing fine - just looks yucky.

Elizabeth - wow! That is very scary. Hope your little guy takes better care of himself!