Saturday, September 12, 2009

One of Cap'n Jack's Adventures

This is one of our adventures that I waited to post until I had the pics downloaded from my very crappy cell phone. So I apologize for the quality of the pics but I hope the story is funny enough to make up for it.

A few weeks ago, my friend Jenny took Jack and I to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. I'd never been there. The decor was neat, real "fish shack" kinda stuff. When we went, it wasn't crowded so there was plenty of tables available. We were seated, and started looking through the menu. Jack began to act funny, as in unusually unhappy, wanting me to hold him. I gave him some Cheerios - no. Crayons - no. Finally I moved his chair close to mine and he grabbed onto me for dear life! I was thinking, what the heck?! Is he sick? No symptoms. So I started looking around to see if something might be bothering him. Guess what I saw?


See the table directly below this guy? That was us! So we frantically waved the waiter over and asked to move. We picked a seat as far from this guy as possible, under some cute little birds. The change was amazing! As soon as we sat again, Jack looked around and very carefully, peeked upwards. All was good! He boogied a little to the music, pounded knuckles with the waiter, signed "bird" several times, and snacked on some Cheerios while waiting for our food. The waiter got quite a kick out of cheerful Jackson, and told me several times how cute Jack was. After we finished, the waiter came over and asked (very mysteriously) if he could give Jack a little surprise. So I said sure and the waiter sat these down in front of him:


Cute, huh? A little shark! And a little crawdad! Jack was pretty tickled and even made great friends with the shark!



Jack fell asleep in the van on the way home, holding onto his new little friend! It was very sweet. I should take a decent photo of Jack with his shark buddy. Maybe later.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Uhhh yeah! I wouldn't want to sit under that shark either! LOL Glad you figured it out and were able to move! :)