Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2 of "the diet"

So Randa-Kay has me doing this crazy diet with her. It's not crazy like we're eating weird food or anything like that, it's crazy that I'm doing it! I think her goal is 3 weeks before cheating, mine is 1 week! We have a lot of stuff coming this summer, some traveling, a class reunion, so I decided it's time to try to get rid of some of this excessive weight I've been carrying around. It would probably be easier to lose it by hacking off a limb but that seems painful. I guess technically I did cheat already, but last night I had a cup of coffee, decaf, sugar-free creamer. So in addition to the 8 cups of water that are required, I had an extra! Yay me! I would post a pic but............no.

In Jackson news, he's been sick the past few days. Sat, he coughed a few times, Sun he woke up from nap with a fever, Mon he stil had a fever, cough, snotty nose and was kinda crabby, and this morning he woke up with a fever, still snotty and coughing, and occasionally very crabby. The fever was better though. I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be even better. I think this whole school week however, is a bust. No school Mon, sick Tues and Wed, so what's the point of going on Thurs? We may just take the extra day (assuming he's even well enough for school) to keep recovering. We'll see.

3 comments:

RK said...

Coffee's not cheating, in my book. Oh, and I did the chicken broth tonight for an extra something, and it helped alot. For what it's worth... :o)

Hope Jack's feeling better very soon!!

Julie said...

I keep forgetting about that ckn broth! I bet that would be good for Jack too - he hasn't been eating hardly at all. (So you know he doesn't feel good.)

Monica Crumley said...

awww bummer that Jack's not feeling great right now. Chicken noodle soup is still the best homemade (or canned) remedy out there for our kids, especially when they're too young to take the good stuff (meds). as for your diet... coffee is so NOT cheating. i'd be lucky not to cheat the same day, so yay you. :-)