Friday, January 8, 2010

Where is this month going??

Time is moving fast, or maybe I'm just getting older. Hmm. Don't like that!

Everytime I come to our blog, I spend more time reading everyone else's blog, than adding to ours. You guys are so articulate, and funny, and inspiring! How can I not love it?! So in addition to all the usual New Years Resolutions (you know, organize the house, lose weight and get healthy, blah, blah, blah), I'm going to try a little harder to be a better blogger. Not that you're all out there dying for my next update (that made me laugh) but because I started this to keep track of Jack's progress and also the stuff that goes on here at our house. And I wanted a place to remind me of everything that I'm grateful for in this life. There's a lot and I need to keep remembering that.

Since this is my first post in 2010, it's a new start for me. Yay me!

Jack - is such a joy! I can give him a bowl of cereal with milk and he can use his spoon to eat almost all of it by himself! He needs help with the last few bites. But I can even walk away for a minute and not worry he'll dump the whole thing! He eats good (well??). Still have to make a dentist appt. He goes to school 4 1/2days a week, runs, is gong up and down the steps on his feet (not alternating yet), is matching objects and identifying things by us asking with words and signs. He still only says "Daddy" but we're working on words, and his signing is really moving. If I would make more of an effort, I know he'd have lots more. He loves hats, and his blankie, and talking on the phone (or calculator, or remote, or anything that fits in his hand and he can hold to his ear). He's developing a love for Holly, and wants to sit by her and pet her all the time. I'm not sure she's as happy about this development. I'm still nervous about his AOI but I'm trying to put that at the back of my mind for now, just keeping my eye on his activities.

Family - we've had a good time together over the past few weeks. Wait 'til I get off the computer - we're gonna go start cleaning the basement. We won't be liking each other after that! Still working on getting Andrew his license but this weather really is no good for driving practice. Madelyn has been babysitting for a friend down the street (who has a son with Ds!) and enjoying her new phone. My sweet boy Tyler is just that. He generally listens well, but needs a nudge to do his homework.

Today I'm grateful for - my family, of course, and my super duper friends! The kids had a snow day yesterday and Randa-Kay brought her girls over to hang out. We baked some yummy desert-y stuff (Thanks, M!) and drove RK loopy trying to get some ringtones on our cellphones. M and T kept all the little kids busy which was super amazing to me. Ty is soooo good with the little ones. We had such a nice, lazy day. And we have a warm house to live in, food to eat, our bills are paid, and we're all healthy and together. Really, do you need more than that?

Here's a few more things I'm grateful for:
New tile in my kitchen. A Christmas gift from Al's parents LAST year! We got it done before this Christmas though!

The best kids in the world!

Hangin with Grandpa! How cute is that?

Look at these cuties and their matching jammies!

2 comments:

RK said...

I'm getting stuff done on snow day#2! Who knew!?! But it was nice to do nothing but play yesterday. I'll be anxious to see your clean basement. :o)

And the tile, it really is amazing!

Monica Crumley said...

Great job posting, Julie. Taking the first step is always the hardest LOL. I love the pics and Jack is doing amazingly well. I love the last pic -- that's priceless! ANd the sibs are priceless, too.