Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Preview

My sweet little preschoolers had their Halloween parties (or what ever we’re supposed to be calling it now) today.  So last weekend I began to seriously look for costumes.  Every year Jack is something that has “Jack” in it – Jack-o-lantern, jack hammer, etc.  But this year I wanted to do something with the 2 of them together and couldn’t think of ANYTHING.  (If you do, please let me know for the future!)  So I went through the costume box downstairs and found the cow costume that fit Miss D :).  I did buy a new hat to go with it since the one that came with it was horrible.  So for Jack?  Easy.  The farmer!  My uncle sent him a hat a couple of years ago after Jack loved his (he’s a real farmer donchakno?) so I bought overalls and a plaid shirt (which I love on him btw so he’ll wear it lots) and voila – a farmer and cow.

P1050237

And they seem okay with them.  It’s always tricky to find a costume your kid will wear and can be adapted to this crazy weather we’re having.  Halloween could be 30 degrees or 80 here!  So at Jack’s party they did some face painting; or in Jack’s case, hand painting.

P1050239

After I took the pic of them together Jack insisted I take this one of his painted hands (and he had to be looking at them too apparently).  What a precious little boy.  How did I get to be so lucky to be mommy to these 2 precious sweethearts?!

No comments: