Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin

Well, if you know me at all, you'll know I'm not into politics at all. However, I've been pretty interested since McCain selected Sarah Palin as his running mate. She's the youngest governor Alaska has ever had she has 5 kids the youngest of whom has Down Syndrome! I've heard lots of other things like she used to be a stay-at-home mom, her dh stays home now, she married her high school sweet-heart, and she has over an 80% approval rate at home. Don't know if any of it is true but I'm going to find out. I figure, as a 44 yr old mom of a baby with ds, she and I have lots in common. Maybe she'll care about healthcare, education, and funding for people with special needs. Most people research and talk to others and attend rallies and watch debates before they cast a vote. I'm guilty of listening to a dab of news and opinions of family and going a lot on first impressions. I have a great one of her, ever since last Apr, when I first heard about this governor who had the baby with ds. Anyway, we'll see. I'm sure I'll be posting more on this later!

On another note, it's our first holiday weekend of the school year! How excited am I that there's no school Mon?! Very!! We went to my son's high school for their first varsity game tonight (they won after a tie at the end of the 4th - they played college rules so there was 2 "overtimes"(?) - it was cool)! Tomorrow, maybe we'll paint M's desk. Sun, maybe a movie and Mon, who knows?!

So, the grateful list:
1. Sarah Palin and her baby, Trig.
2. high school football!
3. Jack was walking, and clapping, and flirting with girls at the game
4. new friends, old friends, and friends I haven't made yet! :)

No comments: