Thursday, October 22, 2009

31 for 21 - #18

"We're catching up!" (Said with a pirate-y type accent. One of my favorite lines from Pirates - Curse of the Black Pearl

Pirates came out the summer of '05. My family loved it. I REALLY loved it. Got it on DVD for Christmas that year and watched it every day when the kids were in school. If I didn't have enough time for the whole movie, I could watch all the important parts, fast forwarding, in just under 45 minutes. Captain Jack Sparrow was my favorite character EVER!

So when we found out we were having a baby, the first thing I thought of was "if it's a boy, we'll call him Jack!". Several months later, we had a Jack. I thought the name worked because 1. I loved it and 2. our baby needed a strong name because of everything he would have to deal with because of having Ds. JACK is a short, firm name. It has a playful side too. And we actually named him Jackson, which has a little more formal feel to it. (Plus it reminds me of Johnny Depp - yum!)

No comments: