Wednesday, October 7, 2009

31 For 21 - #7

Lots of parents who have kids with Ds say they don't "see" the Ds. Their children are their children and when we're busy with the day-to-day stuff (school, therapy, dinner, baths, playtime) the Ds really does take a backseat. It does for us. We just go about our business and enjoy Jack (or not!) just like the other kids. But, I see the Ds every time I look at him. It's the eyes. And I'm so used to it, even though I do "see" it, sometimes I'm still surprised by it. I know, that doesn't make much sense. But the other day Jack was playing so sweetly and I was enjoying watching him, and I just thought again, "wow, that cute little boy with Ds is mine". And I had to make myself keep sitting there, so I wouldn't run over and give him a big giant squishy hug! How I love this boy!

No comments: