Sunday, October 11, 2009

31 For 21 - #8

Down Syndrome in itself does not suck. Some of the crap that comes with it does. What is bugging me today? My 3 yr old going to preschool. We had our eligibility meeting last week. Of course, nothing is for sure yet, but it's quite possible Jack will go to school most of the week. So we have to be somewhere most mornings, we'll get home in time for lunch and nap, so I'll only get a few hours to hang with my baby, less time for errands and activities, less time for hugs and kisses. Plus he'll come home all smelly. I don't care how clean the building is, school doesn't smell good. Yeah, yeah, it's all for his benefit, blah, blah, blah. I know that or he wouldn't be going. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, be happy about it, or not bitch about it on my very own blog. (Nor does it mean he HAS to go EVERY time - ha!)

2 comments:

heidi marie said...

this makes me so sad. i am already not wanting to send henry to school. i'm going to miss my baby, but like you said...it's "good for them" blah,blah,blah. haha.

datri said...

Y'know what? It's PRESCHOOL. It's not mandatory, no matter what the school board tries to tell you. So play hooky as much as you want. You have to do what's comfortable for YOU.