Tuesday, October 21, 2008

31 For 21 - #19

I am constantly surprized at people's attitudes. I spoke with a lady the other day that made a comment about how "normal" Jackson is. I was a little irked (he is who he is and I feel "normal" is who he is regardless of his progress, does that make sense?). But I realized she didn't mean any offense, and may even have been having one of those "lightbulb moments". Like I've said before, I feel very lucky that our friends and family and even other people we encounter daily are so very positive about Jack. The families that choose to terminate a viable pregnancy because they find out the baby has Down Syndrome need to spend a day at my house. They would see that Jack loves his brothers and sister like any other almost 2yr old would. They would see a toddler who has decided to throw everything he can get his hands on into the trash can, laughing when he gets caught! They would see a mischievous little boy who gets waaaaaaay too many kisses from his mommy. They would see a family, who didn't know what all they were missing until God blessed them with an angel. And then I think they would weep with what they had done, 'cause we truly are blessed.

No comments: