Thursday, October 9, 2008

31 For 21 - #8

What's on my mind today has to do with me. I've had a child at our elementary school down the road for 11 years. I've been involved with the PTA for the last 7, and for the last 6 I've been on the executive board. This is my last year at the school (unless Jack goes there, but we don't know yet) and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I've enjoyed working there. I can take my other kids, it's on my own time, I'm my own boss. I'm having a hard time thinking this is my last year. Sheesh, guess I'm feeling sorry for myself.

So the next thing is, tomorrow is the Homecoming parade. The high school is next to the elementary so I've gone to the parade probably 10 years. This is Andrew's 2nd year getting to be in the parade since he's on the football team and it's so fun! I was so proud to see him last year I almost cried so I expect I will this year too. Everyone in the parade throws candy and the band is playing and the floats are horrible and the little kids are yelling and oh - so much fun! Probably I'll have a pic of that tomorrow.

ds fact for today:
Did you know that there are waiting lists of people in this country wanting to adopt a baby with Down Syndrome? It's true. Honestly, once you connect with one of these amazing, special children, you're addicted. Lord knows I am!!

Okay, here's another of my favorite pics from when Jack was a little baby. This one has Ty too and he looks so little too! He adored Jack from the very beginning and I can't wait to see how they'll get along when they're older.

No comments: